Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book 2 and Bonus Blog Material

As I'm typing up Exiles, I'm reliving the frustration that accompanied the very first draft of it. Pages and pages of crossed-out text. Awful transitions. Lots of "fill in later" and "describe better!" and "BORING" scribbled in the margins. One thing I learned from the first book is really helping me here: if the scene just isn't working, toss it out and try something else. Still, slow going. I'd hoped to have 10,000 words typed by now; it's looking more like 7500.

Sales for Chosen are starting to pick up a bit. I woke up this morning to the pleasant surprise that I've actually accrued enough for Amazon to cut me a royalty check. Thank you all for your support! To celebrate my good start, and give you all a special thank-you, I'm going to offer some bonus incentive. One of the "tossed scenes" I mentioned was Chosen's original opening. It was the oldest portion of the book, and I loved it dearly. But the story demanded something different, so out it went. As soon as I reach 100 readers (either purchases or through the Lending Library program), I'll post that deleted scene here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment