Friday, July 6, 2012

Back on Track

The last couple of months have been busy, busy, busy, both personally and professionally. Lea has progressed through the Terrible Twos at an impressive speed. My day job has moved back to its original location, with a resulting tangle in commute times. Just as the school year has ended, our workload has increased tremendously. To top off all of the disruptions, I've taken a much-needed vacation. For the first time in about five years, I've been off an entire week, spending most of my time with my parents in Erie, PA. More about that - and about another up-and-coming writer - in a future post. :)

Fortunately, during all of that mess, I've still had some time to plug away at Book 2: Exiles of Harrekh. The first draft (and more importantly, the main plot) is composed and typed. But I've realized that while the action in the Borderlands is there, the political situation in the Seat of Stars needs significantly more exposition. This is good news for fans of Aneth and Kharaz. We'll learn a lot more about Dela, as well.

Regina has been wonderfully patient through the whole thing. I can't wait for my First Editor to have a look at the finished manuscript!

No comments:

Post a Comment